• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil spacers

4xfishfinder

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all you fellow JEEP PEEPS! I'm going to put coil spring spacers on my HEEP. 94-4.0L-AW4,D30/D35. What will I need besides the spacers? Yeah I know (rookie)! Thanks XJ'N's Anyone know of a write up on this. How about spec's on the rear leaf u-bolts. Ordered some from Quadra-Tec and they sent me two differant sizes. 3&7/8 x 7&7/8 3&3/8 X 6&1/4 Two of each. Ain't no scientist but shouldn't they all be the same.:wierd:

You are asking a pretty vague question here. If you just have coil spring spacers you have no need for new u-bolts unless you are doing something with the leaf springs in the rear.

To answer your original question spacers are pretty easy and should only take about 30 minutes

1: disconnect front shocks and sway bar end links(this will allows the axle to droop out)
2: jack up Jeep
3: put jack stands under the "frame" rails
you may need a spring compressor at this point
4: slide the springs out (if they do not slide out with the axle drooped out use a spring compressor)
5: install spacers and reinstall springs

6: button everything back up, you make want to look at PBE to compensate for the lost shock travel

hopes this helps

Also help to take the Lower Control Arms and trac bar off at the axle end. What I do is(with the jeep on jackstands) take the jack and put it under one end, jack up and the coil should fall out put spacer in, lower jack, go to other side and do the same thing. It will be a little tougher on the other side but managable. Also remeber that you will need to do and aligment after. Torque the trac bar down, the manual says 65 but I got tighter.

Back