• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coolant temp gauge not working

tkjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I have checked and removed and cleaned the sending unit closest to the firewall as well as cleaned the contact. Checked the continuity to the circuit that connects to the gauge at the dash panel and it is good but I am having a problem with both the coolant temp gauge and the gas gauge below it. They move on start up but dont move after that. Any suggestions. Thanks ahead of time.

yes, actually Ive checked all fuses, driving me nuts

What year is yours. On my '96 the sensor for the gauge cluster is in the front of the block. There is a senor in the back of the block, but that sensor is for something else.

Its a 93 HO, there is a gauge at the front but thats for the computer, the rear one is for the gauge.

I had a similar problem. I replaced the sending unit at the rear of the head and it still didn’t work. I removed the instrument cluster and found a solder trace burnt into going to the temperature gauge. I added a piece of small wire around the burnt solder. Gauge works now. Look for any loose connection's on the instrument panel.

OH BOY, the bandwidth bill is going to really suck this month... :D

Back