• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ D44 Drum Brake Part numbers

beer_goggles_009

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Hi, The Drum brakes in my XJ D44 came apart recently and the following parts were trashed:

Seperator Bar: (long partially bent bar with forks on end that fits between shoes)

Seperator Bar spring Retainer: (small metal plate that applies even pressure to the return spring while on the seperator bar)

Does anyone know the part numbers for these parts or an online source for these parts. The local parts conter monkeys were no help.

These parts are not part of a standard hardware kit.

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks for the links JrTxJ. Unfortunatly the crown link does not list or show in the diagrams either part.

The Jeep4x4center link does show the seperator bar in the diagram (11b) but does not list the part in the parts list.

Can anyone else help me out.

Thanks,

Jim

The speader bar isn't available any more,and the spring clip isn't needed.

^^^ those will be too long for 10" drum (they're for 11")

not listed specifically for Jeep, but the "Help" parts (Motormite/R&B Manuf.) offers them for the ford 10" which uses all the other parts as the Jeep:

brake equalizer bar:
Left side= part number 21138
Right side= part number 21137

springs for the bar can be found in most auto stores with the hardware kits, but I've never had luck looking up applications. Just take the one from the other side and find one "close" to the same-- it just provides tension to keep the bar from rattling and reduce the chance that the bar will fall out.

And Shorty comes through again. :cheers:

Back