• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix cold air intake

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone make a cold air intake to fit a 89 4.0? I have searched to no avail. Or even one that can be adapted?

I've got a Rusty's air tube on my 89 and i'm happy with it, probably should've gotten the large filter but oh well. Pretty cheap too. Or a lot of people just cut a bigger hole in their stock air box and pull the silencer out, then a drop in k&n and call it a day. Other than that i'd say snorkel, if you're into that... Also Airaid made one i thought... But i'm not positive.

Last edited:
Thanks again Joe Peters!! Got my materials $42 bucks :peace:

35 bucks and a few beers:

Random003-5.jpg

Random002-5.jpg

Random001-5.jpg

What did you use to make the box around the intake? Ive got a cone on mine and I havent been able to come up with anything to sit on or a way to make a box around it.

What did you use to make the box around the intake? Ive got a cone on mine and I havent been able to come up with anything to sit on or a way to make a box around it.
Kept the stock lower air filter box in place, I can put it back to stock in 10 minutes

Back