• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 complete for stroker build

RedHeep

NAXJA #1499
4.0l complete engine I pulled for low oil pressure and rod bearing wear. Probably needs cam bearings, rod bearings, crank turned. Standard rebuild stuff. Not an issue if you're building a stroker out of it.

1991 block and head, H.O. style. Have factory intake/exhaust manifold with rail and injectors. $250 takes it all. Will sell manifolds/injectors separate if somebody wants them. Make me an offer.

Located in Richlands, NC 28574. Probably easier to pick up, I can ship from a freight place on a pallet if you really want to, but it's going to cost $300 or more.

You can put an H.O. head on a non-H.O. without any modifications, right? I thought that's what I've read but I'm not sure. I have an 88 XJ and wouldn't mind getting a bit more out of the engine.

Goatslayer said:
You can put an H.O. head on a non-H.O. without any modifications, right? I thought that's what I've read but I'm not sure. I have an 88 XJ and wouldn't mind getting a bit more out of the engine.
Yes, it will work.

As long as you have the manifolds to go with it. I don't think the renix stuff will fit an HO head without modifications.

I can make you a sweet deal on the head and manifolds, comes with a free block. :)

I started reading up on the whole head swap because it's one of those things that I'd like to do but I want to do it right if I do.

While I'd like to have a block to work with so I can make a stroker, I don't have the room to store one and I don't think my buddy wants a spare block sitting in his garage for a year. Plus by your zip code you're about 500 miles away, so 1000 mile round trip. (1000 miles/14-15mpg) X 2.40/gal = ~$175 round trip.

How many miles are on the head?

200k.

I will separate them if you really want them, probably shipping would go 60-70 bucks on something that heavy. I know greyhound has good shipping on heavy/oversize stuff.

I'm trying to find the tq/hp differences between the renix and H.O. setup as well as the tq/hp curves for each. I thought I had it but I can't find it at the moment...I'll continue searching but if you (or someone else) can find it please post it. That'll be the final determining factor as to if I go for this or not. Emmissions I'm not worried about at all considering I live in a non-emmissions part of the state. The worst it could do is fail a visual inspection, which I can always work around.

I don't know any of that info. I've read in several places the '91-'95 heads are preferred because they flow better, but someone who's done it would be better to talk to.

Back