• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

torque spec transmission mount

macrat123

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

Could someone give me the torque spec for the 4 bolts from the transmission mount to the crossmember and the 2 bolts from the transmission mount to the the transmission?

Been searching the internet for 30 mins and can't find it.

Thanks,

Engine Mounts—Rear
Crossmember-to-Sill Bolts (Automatic) . . . . . . . . . . . . . .41 N·m (30 ft. lbs.)
Insulator Stud Assembly Nut . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .41 N·m (30 ft. lbs.)
Support Cushion/Crossmember Nuts . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .22 N·m (192 in. lbs.)
Support Cushion/Bracket Nuts (Manual) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .75 N·m (55 ft. lbs.)
Transmission Support Bracket Bolt (Manual) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .46 N·m (34 ft. lbs.)
Transmission Support Bracket/Cushion Bolt (4WD Auto). . . . . . . . . . 75 N·m (55 ft. lbs.)
Transmission Support Adaptor Bracket Bolts (2WD Auto) . . . . . . . . . 75 N·m (55 ft. lbs.)

Has some weird language in there, i'm guessing support cushion is the actual mount, hope this helps have fun deciphering WTF they are trying to tell you.

Looks like 22Nm (192in-lbs) for an automatic. I'm confused about the manual one, it's got more brackets and plates and it's been a whopping week since I looked at that diagram in my parts catalog.

There are two different mounts. One is 3" tall, one is 1 1/2" tall. They mount differently to the trans bracket, one with two nuts onto studs, and one with two bolts.

It's in the Factory Service Manual, you can buy em pretty cheap on ebay. Just make sure you're buying a legit copy not a crappy bootleg or something.

EDIT: I think a certain amount of the info is also on 5-90's site. Not sure.

It's in the Factory Service Manual, you can buy em pretty cheap on ebay. Just make sure you're buying a legit copy not a crappy bootleg or something.

EDIT: I think a certain amount of the info is also on 5-90's site. Not sure.

A certain amount is on my site - link in sig. Sooner or later, I'll get my wife through enough rehab (right hip arthroplasty - total) to sit down and go through all of the electronic FSMs I've accumulated and pull info from them as well.

All of the data I post on my site is either from TSMs or FSMs - either way, they're factory sources. Very little corrections need be made (and what very few are needed, are made before the info goes up. Things like the required oil spec for an Aisin manual is not GL-5, it's GL-3. Fluid capacities and suchlike are up there as well.)

5-90 Thanks for that website. It is so helpful. You could start 1500 threads asking about torque specs, but now i can find them all with one click of my bookmark folder. Thanks

Back