• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which wheel spacers w/moab wheels?

mrtosh

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently running a 6.5" 3-link LA kit and am experiencing some rubbing on the front shocks in tight turns. I'm running some stock TJ Moab16's w/32" tires. I'm thinking a wheel spacer should help especially since ill eventually go up in tire size. Or would I still run into the shock at steering lock? Any recommendation on what size spacer to run? I was thinking a 1-1.25"?

Thanks in advance guys.

I say go wide and do a 1.25-1.5. I had a 1.5 with TJ canyons and loved it. The moabs would have the same Back spacing as I did with 1.25 spacers. I went to ebay and got a set of 4 for 120 bucks.

So you're saying that there is more of an offset on my moab wheels compared to your canyon wheels and a 1.25" would be equivalent to a 1.5" with your setup? I just want to make sure the tires don't rub on the shocks in tight turns but don't want it looking ghetto.

I know its only a 1/4" but I've narrowed it down to the 1.25 or the 1.5". Like I said before I want the clearance but don't want it to stick out too far. Opinions?

100 bucks a pair is about average. i think i have spidertrax spacers on my 33s with those wheels and 4.5 in lift and it doesnt rub at all. i want to say they are 1.25 spacers?

Thought spidertrax only came in 1.5"? Don't suppose you have pics u could post do ya? Rough country has a pair of 1.5" for $59.

Last edited:
And lose turning radius...

I got 1.5" spacers from Rough Country for somewhere around $60 shipped. I'm running 33x12.5s with an RK 3 link and had pretty bad rubbing on the LCAs. With the spacers, the rubbing is gone. I think the backspacing on my wheels is fairly close to stock backspacing, my rear tires tuck into the fender coverage quite nicely.

Is the stock backspacing on a moab rim 5"? Soo a 1-1.25" spacer would be prime wouldn't it? Put me at either 4-3.75" of BS..

Last edited:
i run the rc 1.5" spacers on mine with 32's
DSC01361.jpg

it doesnt stick out as far as you might think if you still have flares.

What do you guys think? 4" of BS I know is optimal on a set of steelies. Should I just run a 1" or just make the jump to the 1.25"?

Spidertrax is best. They come in 1.25" for our 5x4.5 bolt pattern. I haven't seen them in 1" - I suspect the wheel studs might stick through too far.

Back