• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank but no start....

recycledxj

NAXJA Forum User
Sunday I was moving my jeep around the driveway and from having wet boots on I sliped off the clutch pedal and stalled the engine. I went to start it back up but it only cranked, I checked and I had no spark. No big deal I replaced the CPS this morning almost positive that was the problem. Still not starting.

What year is your Jeep?

Could be a fuel pump.

check the distributor. See if its loose and look under the cap. The rotor could be shot and/or the contacts could have too much carbon built up.

how about the coil? check connections there and use a volt meter on the coil

also, is the jeep throwing any codes?

Have someone turn the key to half forward while you put your ear near the tank so you can listen for the fuel pump kicking on.

I checked fuel pump works, fuses and relays good. I'm taking voltameter home tonight to see if I have volatage going to the coil.

if you do have voltage going to it but not from it, then replace the coil.

Did you also check to see if you have pressure at the fuel rail?

well right now he's experiencing a no spark problem, so we have to take one symptom on at a time

Well I know the crank sensor circut is working. if I unplug the crank sensor then turn the key to run position then plug the cps back in I hear a relay click for a second.

It just drives me crazy knowing before hand the jeep started and drove fine. How can stalling the engine fry the coil are anything?

good to hear man! and your welcome!

Back