• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSL's on factory wheels

nonnie

NAXJA Forum User
I'm running a 96 XJ with an RC 6.5 - 8.25RR and 31x10.5 BFG KM's on factory alloy XJ - the flat faced ones.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/collinsbros_2093_59999672

There is not a lot of clearence between the rear tires and the leaf springs. I'm about to order TSL Radial 33x10.50's and was planning to mount them on the fact alloys. Has anyone found this combo to rub? I could go to 15x8 black steelies but this would save me a few bucks if it ( fact wheels & TSL's) will work. Thanks

they will be just as wide as what you have now. you wont rub your leafs, but you will likely hit your control arms, but thats no big issue

i would be more worried about the stability of that rig than rubbing. about a half inch wider than stock and 9" taller than stock

6.5" of lift and 31's now...going to 33's yes....I've been running this for about 2 years now. The control arms rub at full lock now - good call! The TSL's will raise an inch or so I guess...

you can clear 37's on 6.5... nevermind 33's.

I'm staying 33's for now as the axles are not upgraded (shy the 4:11's & SYE that have arrived and will be put in shortly) and this is my DD and I don't wanna break too much. If I had to do it again, I would go with a 4.5" kit and 33's. I was going to put 35's on it when I bought the lift and well, it just never happened. Thanks for the replies...the 8" wide steelies would help stability

my friend has 6.5 rustys and 33 x 10.5 tsl's, slight rubbing on the control arm but fine in the back. I think its looks a little goofy to tall and thin, but it would work. go wide if the budget allows. or run em for now and but rims and tire spoons when you can afford.

I dont think you can clear 37 on 6.5 unless you cut the truck to pieces.

And you thought wrong.

Sam's (ktmracer 419) somewhere around 4" of lift.

6088_505044891094_226300669_111177_7143933_n.jpg

hmmmm, wonder how that fender got damaged..... :D Awsome rig though.

He beats the living snot out of it, thats how! That guy has Low COG figured out!

hahahahaha I'm keeping those

Back