• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Defrost Kit

My rear defrost doesnt work. The light on the switch will turn on. I also accidentally scraped the bottom two lines with a razor. I was taking off a sticker. Are those rear defrost kits any good?

http://www.frostfighter.com/prt2100.htm

$20 for the grid repairer
Tab bonding kit $30
complete kit $50

Don't know about their kits, but that is where I got the timer switch for mine and for the heated towing mirrors I added to my truck

I just need to install it....I killed the battery yet again today by forgetting to turn ther defrost off

Permatex makes a tab kit and a grid kit. Each about $12.00 at Amazon, or should be at your local parts place (probably for more $$$ though)

I'd spend 25 bucks at the junkyard and pick up a whole new rear glass with nondamaged conductor stripes, personally.

Aside from that, winterbeater's suggestion sounds the best.

I've looked at a few of those kits.

I've been contemplating making a defroster for the front windshield. Ya know, for those really snowy/blizzard type days. It seams that every vehicle on the road is clear where the wipers hit, but the sides and across the top get covered with ice/snow. Eventually, the ice/snow build up restricts the wiper's range of motion.

My old Dakota suffered from this, and running that defroster was enough to run me out of the truck, but not enough to completely clear the windshield. The heep defroster isn't nearly as strong, and I hate the severely reduced vis.

Anybody ever try this?

/hijack

I've looked at a few of those kits.

I've been contemplating making a defroster for the front windshield. Ya know, for those really snowy/blizzard type days. It seams that every vehicle on the road is clear where the wipers hit, but the sides and across the top get covered with ice/snow. Eventually, the ice/snow build up restricts the wiper's range of motion.

My old Dakota suffered from this, and running that defroster was enough to run me out of the truck, but not enough to completely clear the windshield. The heep defroster isn't nearly as strong, and I hate the severely reduced vis.

Anybody ever try this?

/hijack

And the answer is: http://www.nextag.com/Hoppy-Bear-Claw-Ice-531853955/prices-html?nxtg=f620a280514-FEDF3E3436ABCCC6

Back