• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

more lift

WWallstev

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 xj with a 3 1/2 lift bds kit with bds shocks, lower control arms ,track bar drop,transfer case drop,and add aleaf rear springs.Can I install longer shakles and 5in bds front springs and get 5in. of lift and be safe on the highway, I have 31x10.50 I would like to go up to 33x10.50s, this my daily driver Will I need a sye.

Yes, you can, but i wouldnt reccommend it if you wheel alot. the add a leaf will sag prematurely with the shackle and youll have it raked backwards. (not in a day or anything radical like that, but quicker than you would like)

since its a 92, the cone and output seal on the Tcase is different than the 92s, making them less prone to vibration, however at 5 inches your pushing the limit, and should really start thinking about it. especially if you articulate. you wouldnt want that driveshaft coming out of the Tcase and having all the fluid spewing about everywere...

youll want to look at longer brake lines everywhere.
Upper control arms- or youll most likely get front vibes
possibly long arms in the future--them short arms are going to ride like garbage

if you do do it, get a 3.5" full leaf back and get 1.5" lift shackles
then get the 5" coils

IMHO 4"-4.5" is the limit before you start needing a lot of money...

BTW you can fit 33s on 3.5 with proper trimming, even if you want to keep the fender flares

Back