• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

King of Pork-Rep John Murtha dead at 77

At least he was pushing pork for the military... unlike nearly every other Democrat.

One more step toward a balanced budget...

He wasn't pushing pork for the military, he was pushing pork to enrich himself, his family, and his supporters (bribers).

I would rather have had him die in prison after serving about 20 years, but this will do.

Joe, that's not very nice.

You don't have to agree with their policies, but when their dead, well, that's just dissrespectful.

Ron

Joe, that's not very nice.

You don't have to agree with their policies, but when their dead, well, that's just dissrespectful.

Ron

No, disrespectful is using his position to condemn Marines as murderers--innocent Marines. Disrespectful is stealing from the People--even if it is the second most popular pastime of some politicians.

Would you consider similar remarks about Stalin or Hitler or Mao as disrespectful? I don't think so. Murtha should share a room with them.

Murtha was a shameful example of a Marine....

The things he said/did were not indicitive of someone who has served in the military - honor, respect, integrity, all out the window with him....

Murtha is a classic example of the rampant greed and corruption within our government.

He gains no honor in death. His tombstone should read: Here lies a liar, a cheat, a theif, a violator of the sacred Oath of Office he swore to uphold, who undermined the US Constitution and the Freedoms of those he represented.

Would you consider similar remarks about Stalin or Hitler or Mao as disrespectful? I don't think so. Murtha should share a room with them.

That might be a little over the top.

I'll just wish him the seat next to Ted Kennedy...

:laugh3:

Robert

Hey, don't malign Kennedy. The guy's been sober for 4.5 months now! I'm proud!

Back