• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bastard packs ? what i need?

i checked cf earlier today but he never said how much lift it gave him i am buying the rc 4.5 aal and am going to make a bastard pack and was wondering if anyone had any specifics other than dont use aal and try making a bastard pack ,then leaving me with nothing to go by

its alot of trila and error. mainly due to no 2 used spring sets are the same. some are used more then others.

do you see that price lol i am already dead set on the bastard pack i just need specifics < i purchased the rc aal 4.5" kit and am definitly not using the aals

i ran a full size dodge van main leaf combined with the s10 and xj springs. had 4.5 lift with out lift shackles. rode pretty good to. had great shackle angle

i ran a full size dodge van main leaf combined with the s10 and xj springs. had 4.5 lift with out lift shackles. rode pretty good to. had great shackle angle

got any picts of the pack?

here is a old pic of it with the pack and a 2 " shackle. cant find it with the stock shackle. 35" tires with trimming
100_0010.jpg

not exactly that easy. it'll take a lil adding and removing to get what you want and the ride you want.

koo thanks for the picts. what order did you use the packs in?

i just made some bastard packs yesterday from an s10 blazer im puttin them on tomoro hopefully and ill be sure to post my results

With a 2" lift shackle and a spare XJ pack you can get around 4-5 inches.

so if i combine the all of the s10 pack along with my xj pack i shld be able to aquire 4.5 no prob?

Use S-10 Blazer or S-10 pickup spring packs. Cut the eyes off the S-10 main spring. Throw out the S-10 flat overload leaf. Put all the remaining S-10 leaves under your Cherokee main leaf. The holes for the centering pin is not the same S-10 vs XJ but you just drill out whichever one needs to be larger. You should get 4-4.5" of lift.

This bastard pack will ride reasonably smooth and flex OK. S-10 leaf springs are $11 each at the Pick-N-Pull so you can't beat the price.

It's an 01 I used the xj main blazer main with eyes cut off then the second xj leaf then the 2nd blazer leaf and finally 3rd blazer leaf I'm not goin to be able to install today so it'll b Saturday till I can get u the lift I got and pics

any one use mj springs under the xj?

any one use MJ springs under the XJ?

MJ springs will not bolt on, they are longer, eye to eye, than XJ springs. They will make a really nice bastard pack. They have a similar spring rate, and the correct center hole size and leaf width. MJ springs have more arch than XJ springs so you should get a good amount of lift from an XJ/MJ bastard pack.

Back