• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

might be a stupid question....

DirtBound

NAXJA Forum User
..... but how do i tell if my jeep has a dana 35 or a 8.25? im not sure which on it has?

searching for a thread to link to with photos.... but an 8.25 has a "flat" bottom to the pumpkin, the d35 is rounded at the bottom. If you have ABS you have a d35.

OK! sweet so i deffinately have a 8.25! thats like way better than a 35 rite? haha.

Yes it's better! Housing/axle tubes are def. stronger. 29 spline 8.25s are the best (1997s and later i think?). 27 spline 8.25 is still good compared to d35.

i have a 97 2wd. its definately an 8.25, thinkin about trussing the crap out of it pretty soon.... :]

Here this might help?
diffguardtype.jpg

Damn... so its beefier than a d44? that works for me! haha. thanks for that pic....

The Tubes are bigger than a 44 yes (3" vs 2.75" iirc), however most will say the 44 is better.

OT: With all the C4C ZJ's at the yards, might want to grab some rear discs

how hard is the instal for the rear disc brakes?

12 pack meaning get a bunch of dudes over to help me with it? and let them drink the beer i cant drink cause im only 19? haha

Damn... so its beefier than a d44? that works for me! haha. thanks for that pic....
Better then a 35.. not near as good as a 44..

44 has more aftermarket, the shafts and carrier are stronger, and did i mention aftermarket..

Back