• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow Bar and Aftermarket Bummers

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
I have 5.5'' RE lift and a moab4x4 front bumper and would like to tow the jeep behind a motor home. My questions are: 1.) how do you safely attach a tow bar to an aftermarket bummer? 2.) Is there away to lessen the angle of the tow bar to the hitch of the motor home?

Thanks

BUMPER, FYI :D

You could build one to attach to your D-ring mounts I imagine. MY biggest concern would be the tow bar pointing at a downward angle towards the motorhome. If you were to get on the brakes hard I would think it would do bad things. I think a tow dolly would be a better setup on a lifted rig.

You cant go with the D-ring tab because they are horizontal.You might look at fabbing your own(if you have a welder) or just go with a stand alone set-up.And yes,regardless of the set-up you will need to get the proper rise/drop on the tow bar.

http://warriorproducts.com/catalog/TBL_TowBarMountBracket.html

On the right.

Add any basic tow bar, and you can hook it up to your d ring mounts.

Thanks for the link.... that would work great. My next concern is really the angle of the tow bar to the hitch. A longer tow bar will help will it be enough? I know they make ball hitches that drop down do they make any they rise up?

Edited.... i found these things called hi-rise ball hitches that have longer necks on them...

Last edited:
Back