• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

speedo cable repair

tugalo

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have a good repair for a broken off collar that attaches the cable connects to the back of the speedometer?

There is none. I have looked for months with no luck. I ended up getting the cable from the dealer. It was actually pretty cheap. It was for my 2x 89' though.
What year is your XJ, 2x or 4x, 1 piece cable or 2 and does it have the sensor in the upper section?

Yeah, post specs (engine, transmission, year, 2/4 wheel drive, XJ or MJ) and I can look up the dealer part number(s) you'll need. I seem to recall the prices ranging from 20 to 60 dollars.

I have several.... a 90 cherokee 4x4 AW4, 87 cherokee 2x4 5 speed, 88 comanche 2x4 5 speed, and an 87 comanche 4x4 5 speed. i like RENIX

OK.... but which one do you need the cable for???? I like the Renix's myself to so easy to diag.. I have 2 89's

I snagged a complete cable from Autozone a few years ago. It was around $10.

Back