• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock sliders vs rock rails

razorbackxj

NAXJA Forum User
I need one or the other any opinions on which would be best? Pros vs Cons
100_1148_(WinCE).JPG

also any one ever fabricated a winch mount to go with a brush guard?

same thing, different terminology

no, spend your money on something quality

www.jcroffroad.com
I have stage 2's and I've beat the crap out of them.
Quality products from quality people.
:thumbup:

Hale

razorbackxj said:
I hope I don't get flamed for this but how do the rails stiffen the unibody or do they?

They are tied into the pinch seam.

razorbackxj said:
wow , I like those too! And they can make them for my long arm application.
We do the same thing, heck we had enough requests to make rails fit the RockKrawler kit we added to our fixture to accomodate for that. TNT framerail stiffeners, long arm kits, tuck them in a bit further...we gotta lotta options!

About fabricating a winch mount for a brushguard, it's highly unlikely to do without a lot of work. In all honesty it would probably be less work just to build something from scratch and sell the guard. Most guards really aren't much for strength and use the existing factory mounts, nowhere near enough support for a winch to pull from. If you throw me some pics of your existing guard I'd be happy to give you some ideas of how you could make it work...possibly.

Those Rock Ratz sliders are good for protection, and for trails.. but not for boulders. I made a set myself and used them for a summer, better than nothing at all if you're a trail guy.

Thanks AJ, I will pm you a picture and also for the slider info. I know the brush guard is really useless and would not hold up to trail use I just kinda liked the way it looked. I quess the best thing to do is just go with a new bumper. Something with simple lines that is made for a winch. I see you make front bumpers too but I can't get the link to work , where can I see one?

Last edited:
Go with the AJ's rails. I have used mine a lot, sliding, pivoting, screwing up and they have held up great. I have fallen a couple feet onto them (screw up) and they didnt deflect or dent. They will take everything you can throw at them and protect the rockers. The price is right, the service is great and the quality is excellent.

Follow the instructions for painting/coating them and they will last a long long time.

I am a very happy customer of AJ's (as if you couldnt tell)

John

nosigma said:
Go with the AJ's rails. I have used mine a lot, sliding, pivoting, screwing up and they have held up great. I have fallen a couple feet onto them (screw up) and they didnt deflect or dent. They will take everything you can throw at them and protect the rockers. The price is right, the service is great and the quality is excellent.

Follow the instructions for painting/coating them and they will last a long long time.

I am a very happy customer of AJ's (as if you couldnt tell)

John
x2

I love my AJ's super rails. I have the thin walled (1/8") rails and they have taken some serious beatings and haven't even budged. $210 shipped to my door IIRC.

X300 on AJ's, I have a hand me down older set of rails that have been beaten, straightened and re-painted, and then beaten again. I love them and would recommend them to anyone!! AJ is a kick a$$ guy and has great customer service also.

I throw out another X's for AJ's Rail, Quality workmanship at a more than fair price.

Back