• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best place to purchase ...

Yeah, unfortunately the closest junkyard i know of is over 100 miles away from me right now. I'll try Pick-A-Part in LA when i'm down there for thanksgiving, but right now my best bet would be somewhere online :(

Brad
[edited for spelling]

Last edited:
Bone yard is by far your best bet. Then the classified on here, or any of the other XJ boards. E-Bay may turn up something. I can tell you now the dealer is going to rape you. I'd bet over a grand for shure.

Guage cluster with tach will run you between $30-40 on Ebay, just do a search. You have to change out the temp sender and oil pressure units to complete the upgrade.

right on the money, boneyard is your best bet. Important to get tempsender and oil presssure sender too. don't forget to check the year of the donor. the speedo connections changed from mecchanidal to electric at one point.

Here is the FAQ on the subject http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101116

Back when I did mine, I called around the nearest yards and asked if they had a cluster to fit my '96 and they were able to fetch one out for me. I bought new sensors from the dealer rather than trust old ones.

If your '01 is like my '96, when you replace the temperature sensor, I think it is the one in the front of the block and not the one in the back. The oil pressure sensor should be right down by your oil filter.

Back