• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arm bushings

92tahoexj

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm trying to track down another clunking sound. A few years ago I replaced the bushings in my factory control arm with poly bushings. I removed my lower control arms and the metal sleeve the poly bushings were in just fell out of the control arm. It seems that all four bushing sleeves spin inside the control arm. These are supposed to be pressed in and tight, correct??? It just seems like a lot of slop. I can't afford new control arms until I get my tax refund, so I was wondering if I could just tack weld the sleeves in place in the control arm to get my jeep back in the road?

thanks,
chris

thanks.that's what i thought. i thought i remembered taking them to get the old ones pressed out and the new ones pressed back in. i put a couple of tacks on each one and put them back in, and torqued them to spec. i'm gonna take it for a test ride tomorrow and see if it helped.

thanks,
chris

Back