• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo Issue, Stalling/rough idle...

88XJowner

NAXJA Forum User
Moving onto the next issue. So I have a 97 XJ, 5 speed 4WD, 4.0L it had an AX-15 swap done a while ago and because the rear wasn't swapped the speedo had been off since. So the other day I pulled the VSS out of the tail housing to see the number on the gear to know which one I needed to buy. Put it back together and the speedo doesn't work now and it'll stall or almost stall while stopping...

It's got a P0500 code which is a VSS malfunction and could be anything to do with that system... I replaced it and still the same problem... I went over everything two, three and four times and it's a big old mystery now. Funny enough the new VSS I got had a new pigtail and maybe I crossed the wires and they aren't where they should be? I connected them in the order they were originally in. Any advice would be appreciated. :dunno:

Back