• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

350 wiring

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
is there a company that makes a wiring kit for a 350 V8 swap?
looking to swap one in my 98. will i have to swap my tranny and tcase? or is there an adapter to mate them?

I think you would be miles ahead, doing the 350 swap, to figure on using that engine's fuel management system and eliminating the AW4, a**uming that is what you have now.

Trying to adapt the TCU and electronic AW4 to work with the 350 would be problematic.

For mounts/adapters Novak or Advance Adapters.

If it's going to be carborated, the wiring is fairly simple. I used the existing Jeep wiring for my swap. If you want to go EFI, you will need the harness for whatever system you want to run. In mine, I used a S-10 trans/transfer case then had driveshafts done because everything moved and couldn't use the stockers.

The above thread is mine, let me know if you have any questions.

what injection system is it? painless performance and turnkey engine have fuelie harnesses for chevy motors up to the newer gen 3 motors....

as far as trans and case you have two option

run a chevy trans and adapt it to your jeep case, this is a 5-600 dollar piece but you will be able to run a 231 or a 300 behind it

run a chevy trans and a 231 c case out of an s10, friend thiis this in his yj to aviod the costly adapter, hes running a 4wd 700r4 and 231 from an s10... the 231 c has stronger planetaries and a wider chain and all the jeep 231 sye stuff will swap over

the bottom line is run a chevy trans....

Last edited:
If you want to run a standard transmission, the NV-3500 is the same transmission as the NV-3550. (exact same guts, same back half, front case has integral bell housing) One version has the Chevy bell housing.

its a project so its not to big of a deal. mines a 98 so in nc i have to keep everything obd2. i've seen some post about the 360 swap but the wiring but it was for tjs

Back