• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

msd diagram/intructions

jgutie14

NAXJA Forum User
hello, my name is jorge i own an xj 1998 and i am wondering if anyone can give me some info on were to find a diagram that can show me how to install my 6a msd on the jeep.:wierd: thanx

Did you try the MSD website? I don't know wire colors off the top of my head but it is usually the big read one to +12vdc, big black one to -12vdc, little black to + on coil, little black w/stripe to - on coil, and other 2 get hooked up to the factory coil wires. I have no idea if XJ's need a ballast resistor or not.

Ok ignore all that and go here....http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/WDTN_pn9615.pdf

Last edited:
Put it back in the box and send it back,your wasting your money!

for my 89, i needed an adapter kit to connect the msd box to the ICU below the coil. i also used an msd ss master coil.(i think thats the name)

i did not see any performance increase form using the msd 6a box and coil, but i dont have any issues with it along with the other ignition upgrade i did. i.e. larger battery cables and ground straps/wires.

starts up rather quickly for an old renix system and i have not had any ignition issues.

Back