• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New OME lift comes in this week

btl_fed_xj

NAXJA Forum User
After waiting patiently ( I only called the shop once a day) for a week and a half the OME lift is supposed to arrive any day now. It's like Christmas in Sept! I went with the 2" lift, not a huge lift like some of you guys out there but I think it should suit my needs. Do any of you guys have any advice for the installation?

Thanks!

Jamie

Use alot of WD-40 on the nuts and bolts you need to remove. Soak for several days to ease the removal. Otherwise, it's a pretty easy job. If you got new shocks, good luck with the rear upper bolts. My '99 broke three on the removal. What a PITA.

Thanks man,

Yeah I already repalced the shocks with Rancho RSX shocks, needed to do that so I could tow the 26' boat and have 4 people in the truck all at the same time.

I think the lift should help out a bit with the towing as well. I am looking forward to stomping some of the little BMWs that are rolling around my campus as well.

I have a few write ups on fitting suspension that might give you a few hints. I dont have any specifically for a 2wd of course as they dont exist in this country but the ideas should be the same:)

WD-40?

WD-40??!!?!?!
That is a Water Displacement formula and won't do spit to loosen tight bolts and nuts.
Get some PB Blaster.
It can be found at any NAPA or etc. Hit the bolts a couple of times a day for a few days before working.
Otherwise we will be here listening to your bolt-snapping horror stories all of next week.
Good luck and post some pics.
OME stuff rocks, great choice.

Oh yeah that PB blaster stuff works great I use it on some of the rusty bolts on boat trailers I buy. I have already replaced the shocks on the Jeep so it should just be the spring parts that I have to undo and replace. I am planning on keeping my front sway bar but I wasn't sure about the rear sway bar. GoJeep, you do a fair amount of towing, do you notice any differences with and without the rear antisway bar?

Thanks,
Jamie

Back