• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fix tractor suply stearing

cobrasatellite

NAXJA Forum User
So im buiding a jeep for a friend, or rebuilding it. The current problem is the Prev. Owner made this fine steering setup, and i need to fix it. My concern is the knuckels were drilled out to 5/8in what can i do to improve this "death wobble at 5mph" setup? ideas welcome and encouraged. i was hoping not to have to change the knunkels

IMG00004-20100202-1317.jpg

IMG00003-20100202-1317.jpg

IMG00002-20100202-1316.jpg

You can buy the Iron Rock Over The Knuckle steering setup with the 5/8 upgrade. Normally you would have to drill out your knuckles to 5/8ths but yours is already done. I have this setup and it works flawlessly.

just get a set of knuckles from the junkyard... it would be WAY cheaper and WAY easier to make work.

I just hope the rest of the rig isnt so "Well-Built"!!

no the rest of the rig is great, the story goes: previous owner bent it on a rock and couldnt afford upgraded stearing so he made this. Everything else on the rig was purchased correctly. Im going through everything as I rebuild this thing.

Is that a stock draglink put OTK with the tre pulled outand just a bolt going throught it? Creativity points FTL.

you could buy a set of goferit offroad tapered inserts & weld them in to allow saving the stock knuckles.

Back