• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway bar end link bolts

Skreed

NAXJA Forum User
I swapped my 90's d30 to a newer one from a 99, The one on my 90 has removable lower end link bolts, the new one seems to have the lower bolts welded in. I've never payed attention to this, is it normal? If so whats the best way to hack off the bolt and drill a clean hole without making a mess of the sway bar end link tab.

They might just be pressed in - they look like they have a big torx head on them, but they're splined and pressed into the link bracket. Makes a lot of sense, eh? :looney:

They are pressed in on most Cherokees, but I have found one that was an actual bolt that was screwed into place. That might have been an aftermarket screw job.

In this photo, you can clearly see the splines near the head of the torx headed bolt. I used my cheapy $5 ball joint removal tool and it worked perfectly. No need to cut, grind, or hack your way through this as some may suggest. The passenger side was a bit more tricky with the steering damper, but it worked the same.

ry%3D480

Back