• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep won't start - no power!

smalls2010

NAXJA Forum User
Drove my jeep to school today - got me there fine. Went to lunch - everything went fine. Went to start my jeep after school, and i turned the key to the first click and all the accessories turned on. Then when i turned the key to engage the starter, nothing happened and everything went dead. No locks, no beeps, no lights, nothin. Popped the hood and the ground cable from the battery to the body ground was broken. I replaced the cable, still no power. Is there a fusible link or fuse i blew? I checked the fuses in the engine compartment they all look fine. Help!

ALWAYS post the year/engine and any other pertinent information.

Surprised. Your main ground is to the block, and the main positive is to the starter. Key off, try jumping the main positive connection at the starter to the solenoid where the lead connects from the starter relay--if it doesn't crank you have 1) dead battery; 2) more bad cables; 3) dead starter.

While you are at it, do the non-switched electrical items work--interior lights, headlights, emergency flashers?

Back