• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 Aftermarket Diff. Cover ?

hoodride

NAXJA Forum User
I know someone has to know of a good steel aftermarket 8.25 cover for less than $140 which seems to be the going rate, but I've only found a couple companies that are making the 8.25. Looked on all the major sites but haven't found much. I'm looking for a welded steel one, nothing fancy just with the threaded plug to get rid of the leaky rubber one. Let me know of some good ones. Thanks.

It's also one of the first things that comes to Google's mind too haha.

Also, on the Ruffstuff one, I'd opt for the drain plug option too.

id stay away from the drain plug if you play on rocks alot, it will get mangled and useless vey quickly, but the countersunk bolt option is awsome, ive been running the 8.25 and 30 cover for a year smashing into all kinds of things and theve held up great

First thing that came to mind as well..

I've seen Rob wheel, if he hasn't busted his RS covers up, you won't. There were chunks missing from some of the rocks he ran into with his covers/axle tubes.

I wonder if you could countersink the drain plug hole so it wouldn't get mangled? I'm almost thinking about going with an 8.25 for my upgrade.

Yeah that one's looking pretty good, didn't see that one before. I like the lower drain too. Might have to go that route, thanks I new this would be an easily anwsered question, but if anyone finds something cooler send it this way.

I looked for one for the 8.25 on Quadratec but ARB doesn't have one for that axle. On that site, the ARB diff cover is listed as "high tensile solid nodular iron".

why is there even still a talk here?

Ruffstuff cover with countersunk bolts and a lube locker gasket. youll never have to worry about drainplugs or rtv again. hands down the best cover out there and allows the ability to be welded too (truss tie-in, hydro assist)

First off the ruffstuff cover is the way to go....but i have had countersunk bolts on my front and when the bolt gets hit and messes up the allen head it is close to impossible to get out. I like to use grade 8 bolts because even if the get beat up, you can always use a wrench or pliers to take them out. My 2cents

First off the ruffstuff cover is the way to go....but i have had countersunk bolts on my front and when the bolt gets hit and messes up the allen head it is close to impossible to get out. I like to use grade 8 bolts because even if the get beat up, you can always use a wrench or pliers to take them out. My 2cents
Haven't beat mine up yet, but I figure the countersunk ones are better for that, less likely to get beat up and they have a larger head surface area to weld a bolt onto if they do get smashed. Kinda wish they were Torx not allen just because I already have a Torx set, but hey, I'll settle for countersunk heads.

Another idea - bore two small holes into the head and use one of those tamperproof 2-pin spanner bits to remove scraped-up bolts.

I just got my 8.25 and D30 Ruffstuff hats.

These things are so beefy, before I opened the package I actually thought they were my new ring, pinions and master install kits - FRONT AND REAR.

ive never had a issue getting my bolts out and i hit stuff with my cover everytime out

Back