• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231 Popping out of 4H

You could try to adjust the linkage.

Is it lifted? Do you have a tc drop kit installed?

it is lifted. has SYE . I have had the linkage off before, but thought all was well. It hasn't done it anymore, so I am hoping it was just not in 4h all the way.

Well, I would adjust the linkage and wait and see.

1. wHAT is the proper factory linkage adjustment procedure.

2. Why does she grind when I go to put it in 4H on the fly?? AX15 in neutral, Clutch in.]

thanks

1. Factory method of adjusting tc linkage per 90 FSM:

Remove the tc shift bezel.

Shift into 4lo. Place a 3mm (1/8") "shim" between the lever and the rear shift gate. (use a drill bit). Secure the lever against the shim and shiftgate. (use a bungee cord)

Crawl under. Loosen the lock bolt in the adjusting trunnion located on the upper rod. Move the tc shift tab so that the tc case is fully into 4lo. (the shift tab is at the end of the lower shift rod. (lever, upper rod, torque bar, lower rod, shift tab)

Tighten the lock bolt in the adjusting trunnion. Remove bungee cord and shim. Replace bezel. Test.

Shifting from 2wd to 4hi, NP231:

While in gear pull lever from 2wd to 4hi. Do not shift to neutral. Do not use the clutch.

Back