• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix cold start off idle miss

kcjeep6

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have an 88 Cherokee with a 4.5 Stroker from Hi Tech Motors with an automatic; it has been running great for two years. Last fall it started to miss when cold, idles fine, wide open throttle is good. It will miss just off idle (mostly 1500 to 2500 RPM) till it warms up (190*), runs great when warm.

So far I have reworked the grounds in the wiring harness, cleaned the C101 connector, tried several, tested or replaced the CTS, MAT, MAP, TPS, IAC, O2 sensor, EGR Valve, CPS, Cap & Rotor, Ignition module, Plugs & wires, Fuel Pump & Filter, Fuel Regulator test good, 195 thermostat, vacuum is good.

I have not tested voltage & resistance at the ECM.

I have a Fuel to Air gauge and I can see it go lean when it misses then back to 14.7 to 1. A friend of mine has a Snap On scanner that tells me it is going in to Closed Loop at about 140*.

My next step is to check Voltages & resistance at the ECM. Then I am going to the wrecking yard to look for an ECM. What have I left out? Anybody have any ideas?

Back