• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

window adjustment

creekscout

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to know if the window can be adjusted so it runs up and down evenly front to back. Once my window is down all the way the front edge of the window is about 3/8 inch lower than the back edge. Then when you go to put it up it doesnt work very smoothly because it is running up somewhat cocked. I would like to know if the one screw with a plastic bushing in it that holds the window to the lift post , could it possibly be like an eccentric hole which would allow you to adjust the position of the window in the track. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

First, please ALWAYS post at least the year of the XJ you are working on.

Ok, have you lubricated the window channel? I use a very small amount of spray silicone in both the front and rear channel, then run the window up and down a few times to spread it out. Be conservative, you don't want a lot of silicone flying around.

After lubrication, pull the door panel and then run the window up and down slowly. There is probably something loose, and you should be able to spot it. I generally put windows full up and then tighten everything down. Make sure to check operation before putting the panel back on.

it could be that your window regulator is getting ready to fail
as the previous poster mentioned. remove door panel and check for something loose or broken.
Spray some lithium grease in the tracks and check the glass where it attaches to the regulator and make sure the bolts are tight.

Back