• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flex-E vs H/D leaf packs

FearNoFish

NAXJA Forum User
I am ready to order some Alcan leaf packs through Troy with Big Off Road. He is asking if I really want the H/Ds. I am going for a total of 6" of lift with springs and shackles in the rear and Treks long arms in the front.

The ultimate goal is to be able to pull a restored 16' Prowler lite trailer with about 350lbs of tounge weight along with some (not an extreme amount) of off road gear. And, yes, I am putting in a stroker for some additional pulling power.

Who has experiance with the H/Ds or the Flex-E packs from BOR/Alcan?

FNF

You might be happier with the regular springs and an air bag assist for towing. That way you have flexy springs for the trail and the extra load capacity of airbags.

I've been running the regular springs for probably 6+ years with a stroker and towing. They are holding up perfectly.

Beware that unless you are carrying a bit of weight in the rear, they will most likely yield more than the stated lift.

Back