• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaking rear washer fluid

SonicCougar99

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 XJ Limited, and whenever I push the button to spray washer fluid on the back window, the fluid comes pouring out the bottom of the hatch. I have the cover panel off of the inside of the hatch, but I can't see where it would be leaking from, or even how to get to the hose in the hatch where it would be leaking. Anyone have any recommendations here?

Bump, anyone have anything? Getting this fixed would help tremendously with rear vision when it gets iced up.

routing for the rear wiper is as follows... it goes from the washer tank through the firewall with rubber line, then swithces to plastic line for the interior and goes throug the kicker panel, along the floor panels all the way back towards the hatch, then under the plastic panel that is in the rear cargo area it goes back to rubber, goes up the very rear pillar, across the top of the rear cargo area under the edge of the head liner to the pass. side and comes out, goes into the hatch, down the pass side, across to the middle then comes out to the sprayer nozzle. just had mine apart to unclog it yesterday o and this plastic line is wrapped up in the wiring harness along the floor on the drivers side

Back