• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-brake cable ?

Droopy76

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting the finishing touches on my XJ and I ran into a small problem. I went to hook up my e-brake cables and the drivers side cable is too short. It will hook in the backing plate but its pretty tight. If I flex it at all it's gonna break the cable. Has anyone else ran into this? In all my reading on naxja I have never read anything about needing longer cables. My heep is a 98 with a C8.25, 6.5 inch lift springs, and stock shackles. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Droopy

I'm putting the finishing touches on my XJ and I ran into a small problem. I went to hook up my e-brake cables and the drivers side cable is too short. It will hook in the backing plate but its pretty tight. If I flex it at all it's gonna break the cable. Has anyone else ran into this? In all my reading on naxja I have never read anything about needing longer cables. My heep is a 98 with a C8.25, 6.5 inch lift springs, and stock shackles. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Droopy

Common problem. I'm sure somebody will chime in, but I think it's YJ cables that are longer. You might give the search button a try.
Billy

You can relocate the mount where both cables meet.You can also buy another passenger side cable to replace the drivers side.

I use two passenger side YJ cables and have not had any issue yet nor had them catch anything. I have them on springs so they stay up and out of the way but can move freely. I am at 6" lift and they are plenty long enough.

I might just move the cable junction box back a few inches, but does anybody know of a cable thats a few inches longer for the drivers side? I think another passenger side cable would be too long.

Back