• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Two Years-

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Almost exactly two years since this happened:

Cimg3798.jpg

Cimg3811.jpg

Again, mk II is under the knife as we speak getting a few little mods in the front:

dsc01940g.jpg

dsc01942k.jpg

West Texas Off-Road Hydro assist is going on, Crane knuckles with Solid 5 on 5.5 kit, Superior Aluminum 3rd member with 5.13 gears and an ARB will be filling the hole in the housing, with Superior shafts and CTM joints sticking out. The rear got some new Yukon 5.13 gears and a Liquid Iron Industries traction bar.

I figure it's got another six months of life left, then the axles will go into something with much less sheet metal. I may swap some stock axles onto mkII and run some 33's as a local wheeler/camping rig, but I'd like a 5-speed again, so I might just start from scratch with another '98-'99 2-dr. We'll see!

-----Matt-----

Hi9?

I didn't see him say buggy anywhere. :rolleyes:

I think he was referring to when Matt said he'll be moving on to something with less sheet metal. The first thing I assumed from that was a buggy, but then again it could be another Cherokee with no doors...it's kinda vague either way.

~Scott

I think I still have grit under my nails from that build. :(

Those red X's look like a vast improvement over whatever they replaced. Not loading on my work laptop. Good luck getting it all squared away and have fun. :)

I'm assuming your still running the Claytons?

Will the steering be rod ends or TRE's? Looks like the tie-rod is on the table.

That's one burly front end. I'll be curious to see what the new weak link will be. :D

Back