• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler upper axle mounts VS stock rubber?

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
Anyone rocking these? There a Johnny joint that replaced the stock OEM rubber bushing on your upper axle mounts. How would these be on the road? Thinking about rocking them on my new DD/harsh weekend warrior build.

Just looking through Rock Krawlers website it doesn't list them anymore... but companies such as TNT Customs still offer that type of joint for there trusses.. maybe a different company makes them now?

Said TNT link, and look at available options......
http://tntcustoms.com/dana30nondisconnect.aspx

I'm running them with my RK arms. Slightly noisy, but I expected that. Mine didn't have the zerks in the box so I gotta get some and regrease them now.

they work great when used with a 3 link system consisting of one y link arm and one not. In fact if you dont the vehicle pulls upon acceleration and deceleration and this joint solved that for me. Although it didnt fit in my ballistic upper control arm mount unfortunatly so now I need someting that does.....

what kind of life are you guys getting out of your joint bushings? what are you lubing them with? I got a season out of mine keeping the well lubed with penzoil synthetic

I use lucas marine grade on my TNT LA (RE joints) and they are still good after 4 years. I use them hard and they have been DD for 3 years. we have lots of road saut too in the winter. I gease them everytime I change my oil.

Back