• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express 3.5" Spring. Anyone ad an extra leaf to it?

crazy-apes

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,

I have a 3.5" RE Spring in the rear with a JKS Shackle, with the new Currie Springs and 3/4 spacer in the front.

It is sitting a little low in the rear with heavy bumper and tire carrier as well as gear.

Not only is it sitting lower, it could probably use a little more spring rate.

Has anyone ever added an extra leaf to a RE pack? I was thinking maybe cutting off the eye's on the OE leafs and installing them under the main RE leaf. Whatch think?

Cheers,
Curtis

i added a few extra re 4.5 leaves to that pack.

lovin it

both packs were shot and i only get about 2.5" of lift out of it. its stiffer, rides nice, stable, flexes just as good as before, still has a decent amount of axle wrap, but whatever

I'm subscribing because I know the AAL lift will sag, and I was wondering if cutting the eye's off an XJ main and adding it to a spring pack would fix the sag.

im gunna add a cut stock main leaf under the RE main leaf on the 3.5" pack i pick up next month. it shouldnt really add any lift, but should be better with a heavy bumper/gas skid/gear in back.

how low are you sitting? should look into shackle relocation brackets. and then add an extra leaf if still needed.

Funny you say that. Looking at that thread right now. :)

Everyone seem happy with them?

One issue I have is that my Durango 4x4 Rear Bumper brackets wrap around the frame and bolt to those holes.
web.jpg

Last edited:
You only get 2.5 inches of lift after the mod or before?

right now i do

when the 4.5 pack was shot i got about 2"

when the 3.5 pack was shot i got about 2"

when i put them together the only lift i gained was from the thickness of the leaves and maybe a half inch from a lil moar arch

^Yeah, but I've seen the videos, you beat on your rig. hahaha

I've been thinking of adding a few leaves to mine, and one extra on the passenger side to deal with torque twist.

Still haven't experimented with this. Thought I would bump and see if anyone has tried it?

Cheers,
Curtis

I'm getting ready to do something similar with a 3 inch RC spring pack. I'm putting a cut down XJ main under the main of the pack.

If I get it done first, I'll post with my results.

Back