• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cb mounting question..

Athompson

NAXJA Forum User
so i just got a cb and antenna for my xj...the mounting bracket for the antenna mounts on the driver side fender...

where did you guys run your wires through into the cab..and do you have any suggestions on where to mount the cb itself..

There is a Hole in the firewall, between the steering column and the below the brake booster, I have all of my stuff ran in that hole, 2ga wire, Air hose/ Misc wires etc Its about 1" in diamater.. im sure at one point there was a rubber plug for it, but i have so much crap going threw it, i never have a problem with moisture,

My CB is mounted on the Lower dash section passenger side.. I would like to put it above the Rear view mirror, but have been to lazy

I took out the ash tray and mounted the cb there using the three screws behind it. If it needs to come out there is no extra holes and I can put the ash tray back.

mine is mounted on the passenger side of the console, about 45 degrees back from the shifter. with someone riding shotgun it rides next to their knees. doesnt really get in the way.

I mounted mine to the dash. Used double-sided foam tape on the bracket and stuck it to the dash, angled towards the driver seat.

Back