• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 Country w/ ABS: Ford 8.8 Brake Compatibility Issue?

Ilikeparts

NAXJA Forum User
so, im driving to colorado in a few days through a blizzard and the jeep still isn't running....

damn close tho.. or not...

93 4.0/AW4/231

just installed OME 2/2.5" springs and rancho nitro shocks, ZJ V8 steering,

overhauled front axle with 4.10, truetrac & 4340

rear axle overhauled 99 exploder super 88 31 spline disc brake 4.10 factory pos

for mounts i did ruff stuff perches and plates and reused stock brackets,

for rear brakes I used a skyjacker 2" lift YJ rear steel braided i got for free, that came with the junction block same as D35 which i used to bolt the D35 breather onto the axle. i fabbed hard lines out from there to 2 passenger side lines.

anyways buttoned it all up and it goes but it dont stop

you can put the pedal on the floor and the jeep will stop, but you're well onto the floor before the rig stops, the brakes aren't almost ok they are really bad like something is wrong

i bled them a bunch, wiped down and checked for leaks nothin,

threw in a new master cylinder, nothin

during the buiold i went ahead and cut out the ABS wiring in the front and rear, but with space to rewire if needed... I tried pulling the 2 fuses and 2 relays but it made no difference.

popping the o-ring out of the prop valve won't fix this, will it?

is my abs causing this problem..? maybe i need to do something else to further un-install the ABS?

Make sure the calipers are mounted correctly. If the bleeders aren't on top of the calipers it will never bleed the air out. Also, if you converted to rear disk brakes, the master cylinder should be changed as it requires a larger master bore for the rear brakes. If you don't change the master, it would make the pedal travel a lot further before the brakes grab.

Wouldn't that need a new porportioning valve? The rear calipers require less movement than the cylinders. Just an idea.

Back