• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

interesting lucas test results..

I used that stuff once, and only once. I thought I was going nuts, but my Jeep was running hotter. I finally looked into it and it looks like I was not crazy. Never again.

That site is great. Way more than you ever cared to know about oil.

I have used this stuff a bunch, and liked the results i got from it, but after seeing this, wow, dont think i will be doing that again. I can cause enough trouble for myself with out adding in more from a jug.

Shit I have that crap in my 4.0L and my 3.1 Right now dammit !!!!!!!

yea I need to change my oil and I was going to put the lucas I've had for a while in there but I think I'll hold off until I get a little validation about lucas.Maybe I'll use marvel this time around...

Yea it would be interesting to see if any additive is really "good" BOB should run some more tests with soem popular brands.
And i thought marvel was a cleaner to be added 5 minutes before an oil change?

U run Marvel for about 500 miles, change oil, new filter, run for maybe 500, change oil and filter, fill with any oil you like and the engine should be cleaned as best as possible.

Lucas works good in a diff with a locker, makes it smoother and quiter. I used it in the trans of my old toyota and it worked well, quited down the 5th gear whine alot. Only downside was it was really hard to shift with cold. When I would start the truck in the morning I would put the T-case in nuetral and the trans in gear to warm the trans up so I could shift it lol.

BlueCuda said:
Lucas works good in a diff with a locker, makes it smoother and quiter. I used it in the trans of my old toyota and it worked well, quited down the 5th gear whine alot. Only downside was it was really hard to shift with cold. When I would start the truck in the morning I would put the T-case in nuetral and the trans in gear to warm the trans up so I could shift it lol.

The synthetic lucas is thinner than the regular lucas....by far.I would put that in a tranny before I used the regular.exspecially in the winter months.

Back