• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggestions on what direction to go on my rig

Skreed

NAXJA Forum User
I recently acquired some working space in the form of a garage. I am now able to do some work on my truck, only prob is I have a bunch of different ideas in my head and I don;t know which to start attacking. I bought the truck with a 3 inch skyjacker lift and 31's. I spent about 6 months fixing a bunch of mechanical probs ie brakes, cooling, etc. After that I measured my lift and realized I had 3.75 inches of lift in the front and 2.5 in the back. I put in a 2 inch shackle in the rear now I have 4.5 inches in the rear and about 4 when fully loaded and full gas.

What I would like to accomplish is just having rig rig nice and solid for some moderate trails nothing extreme. I would like to bump up a little to 4.5" and run 32x11.5 or 33x10.5. I am going to be replacing the rear 35 with a 29 spline 8.25 in the next few weeks, but they are stock gears 3.55 so I dunno how much those tire sizes would kill my power? I have TJ brake lines to replace my stock ones and I put new Rough Country shocks on for 4 inch lift. I think my main concern is what kinda control arms to run. I am on a tight budget so finding ones that will work well vs. ones that are decently priced is difficult. My skyjacker arms measure 16" eye to eye and I dont think that is going to work with the extra lift. Can anyone recommend decent arms at a decent price. The only other things I have are a zj v8 tie rod and Rusty's hd track bar and frame mount. Can someone straighten my mess out and point me in the right direction while keeping budget in mind. Thanks!

My rig as of a few months ago.

3760634648_1df70e3e70.jpg

If you're looking at budget constraints I would look at the classifieds, here and other Jeep forums. You have to be patient though, you may not find what you want at the price you want every time so you have to keep looking.

My recommendation would probably be a good track bar if you don't have one, and then probably some gears

A friend of mine actually mentioned he's looking to sell his arms yesterday or the day before, I forget what you were looking for specs wise? I recall discussing it on the way back from harbor freight. Will look for his post and update.

EDIT: it's a set of RE superflex uppers/lowers (uppers are adjustable.) Not sure what the eye to eye length on the lowers is.

Last edited:
The RE arms for a 3.5" lift aren't any longer than stock, they just offset the bushing a little.

Back