• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headlight issue...possible short

skywalkr

NAXJA Forum User
About 3 months ago I went out to the pub and a friend noticed one of my headlights was out...high beam worked so I drove home...next day I bought a new light and went to replace it but it was working again so I figured I would ride it out until it failed again...haven't had any issues with that headlight since...

however, the other headlight doesn't work now...I have replaced it with a new headlight but the low beam still does not work...

do you think both headlight issues are related? I have checked the fuses and they are good, my next step is to throw the ole' volt meter 9000 on it...

Test the grounds for each headlight.

Be sure and remove the connectors from the back of the lights and clean the contacts in the connectors, they do get nasty.

Check for juice going to the low/high beam selector. And coming out of it. If you have it going in and not coming out, that switch is bad. You can jump the plug for temporary use of headlights until you can replace switch.

Back