• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

small leak after repair

Da-heep

NAXJA Forum User
99 xj sport 4.0L automatic

just replaced the radiator in my jeep to a csf-3 row and the top transmission oil coolant line has a small leak. the metal line attaches to the radiator with a hex nut. it looks like it is leaking where the line runs into the nut. any ideas on how to fix this leak?

I applied engine sealent putty to the threads before screwing it down, the leak seems to be coming from where the line goes into the nut you screw down.

Seems like that should have worked. I did silicone tape at both the coupler that threads into the radiator and the line that threads to the coupler.

Had a similar situation when I changed mine. I had to tighten the hex nut for the portion going to the radiator. The line to the nut was secure but the leak was between the nut and the radiator. I adjusted the nut to the radiator portion and everything checked out ok after that. Good Luck!

I will tighten the nut after work tonight, sleeper xj do you think there would be any harm in adding it on the outside of the line where it meets the coupler?

Back