• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to wire a temporary switch for wipers

Jeep914x4

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 91 XJ that someone tried to break into a little over a year ago.

broken.jpg

My wipers still worked until about 3 months ago. You had to push the stalk towards the front of the jeep and hold it just right. Rain X was my fix. I've been trying to find a new column but haven't had any luck yet.

I'm going on a ski trip to Copper Mountain in a week. It's supposed to snow and I would like to wire up a temp switch to turn the wipers on. Anyone know what wires I need to tap into? Can I tap into the wires where it plugs into the "delay module"?

Thanks for any help,
Mike

EDIT: Now that I look at my pic, could I tap into those wires next to the stalk?

Lou said:
No guarantees, but ( at the stalk ) ......

wiper fast - WHT & BLU
wiper slow - WHT & GRY
wash - WHT & PNK

SWEET! Thanks Lou, I will give it a try and report my findings.

Anyone else have any ideas for me?

pull the cowl off to expose the wiper motor, unplug the harness and ground out the actual motor and then go through with a 12v source and tap into each wire,see how each wire affects the motor speed, Wire up a toggle for highs only and use when you want :) worked for me for awhile then i just found an intensity switch that would work so now the higher I crank the switch the faster my wipers go :)

Back