• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone...

89xjJe3per

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I'm miss one of the BIG bolts on the trans mount. not the 4 that holds it to the cross memeber but the 2 large ones at the top of the transmission mount. anyone know what size bolt that is!! iv lloked through my manual and searched here and can't find chit! anyone with fast response would be very helpful!

It's a metric and has an 18mm head as I recall. Might be a 19mm but I am almost certain it's 18mm... which would put it at an M12, not sure what thread pitch. I seem to recall it being about 30mm long.

Since you are only missing one, why not pull the other out and bring it to your local Grainger or Fastenal? They have thread gauges and can probably sell you a new one.

It's a metric and has an 18mm head as I recall. Might be a 19mm but I am almost certain it's 18mm... which would put it at an M12, not sure what thread pitch. I seem to recall it being about 30mm long.

Since you are only missing one, why not pull the other out and bring it to your local Grainger or Fastenal? They have thread gauges and can probably sell you a new one.

I don't not have a jack it was stolen out my jeep or else I would. I need to find out the size so that I can go to napa get the bolts and borrow a jack from emmm

I didn't need a jack to get to this stuff on my Jeep :D I just lay down next to it and rolled over...

the side benefits of a lifted vehicle.

If I understand that you are talking about the rear portion of the transmission to crossmember mounting then 5201 7887 BOLT, Hex Flange Head, M12x1.75x25 is what I could find listed in the 1997-1999 parts listing. They had it listed under the heading of engine mounting rear. Kastein nailed it almost perfectly! Hope this helps. If I have the wrong bolt let me know and I'll recheck for you.

In my parts book it is listed as an M12x1.75x25.

That is in the 87-90 parts book, guessing that your user name has something to do with your XJ's year.

Back