• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC-Fest 2010 Camping...

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
Our event will be based out of Twin Grove Park Campground, the same place we stayed at last year. We had a great experience with them last year, and look forward to enjoying their accomodations again. Here is their website for reference: www.twingrove.com

Here is their contact info:
Twin Grove Park Campground
1445 Suedberg Rd
Pine Grove, Pa. 17963
(717)865-4602

Let them know that you will be there for the NAC-Fest event when you make your reservations. We will have a group tent site reserved in the upper right-hand side of the campground (see campground map linked at bottom). The price for tent-camping in the group site will be $10/person per night. For tent camping only you do not have to call ahead just show up and tell them you are with group. There is also very nice cabins to rent (some are BRAND NEW) for your stay as well. If you want to rent a cabin, the best bet is to call the campground directly to see what they have available. If you want a cabin, I recommend that you make your reservations SOON, as they will fill up fast!!!

http://www.twingrove.com/media/campgroundlayout.pdf

Thanks!!
A.

unless i have a lady friend with me im sleepin in my jeep.

thinkin of gettin a cabin

Mia and I considered a Cabin but we decided that we don't mind tenting, and for the $$ we'll already be spending that we just couldn't justify the cost. So, it'll be the good ol' Kelty for us :)

...I hope it's not a monsoon :D

my favorite method of camping with my jeep is put my spare tire and parts under the jeep and lie down flat in the back, sometimes with air mattress. it can be a monsoon and im nice and dry. cleanup is a breeze.

Before I was with Mia, when I would go camping with the Jeep, I'd spend Friday packing all my crap into the back of the Jeep as flat as possible, then when I got to the campground or whatever, I either had the option of emptying out the Jeep and setting everything up, or I could just leave it all and sleep on top of it. There were many nights where I chose the second option :laugh3:

Locked in my cabin last night!

Mia and I considered a Cabin but we decided that we don't mind tenting, and for the $$ we'll already be spending that we just couldn't justify the cost. So, it'll be the good ol' Kelty for us :)

...I hope it's not a monsoon :D

my gf wanted to sleep in a cabin.. so i said you pay and we can get a cabin.. and she said ok :D:guitar:

hahah nice! yeah, mia offered to pay for a cabin but I told her I didn't really care either way if I was in a tent or a cabin, so it was up to her. So, tent it is!

Bob and I will be there, tough sans the CJ since I can't justify spending the mulah on new tires when nothing else would be ready either... Just booked a cabin (good night those are expensive!). See ya'll there!

Tim

Does anybody know how the campground is about trailer parking? I don't think they would like a 42' long vehicle parked at a tent site.

Alright, cool. Thanks for the reply. I drive by the campground all the time. I just never really paid any attention to it.

if me and my girlfriend were to reserve a cabin, would anyone be interested in throwing in and sleeping on a nice aero bed i have?

if me and my girlfriend were to reserve a cabin, would anyone be interested in throwing in and sleeping on a nice aero bed i have?

Can you post pics of your girlfriend?

Sorry, couldn't resist. In all seriousness though, you might want to call the campground to see if any cabins are left .... I think that last year they filled up pretty quick - not just with NACFest folks .... its a really popular time for families to go camping.

Can you post pics of your girlfriend?

Sorry, couldn't resist. In all seriousness though, you might want to call the campground to see if any cabins are left .... I think that last year they filled up pretty quick - not just with NACFest folks .... its a really popular time for families to go camping.

there was one available, kinda steep price though.

and sorry, but shes more of a cherokee girl .!.:D.!.

Back