• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear 1/4 glass

choptrees

NAXJA Forum User
Hey

I'm looking for the rear 1/4 glass for my 98 XJ. Can I take the glass out of any Cherokee, or is it model specific?

Also, this might be slightly off-topic (apologies, I'm new), but are there repair manuals available on this forum?

Thanks

Ha ha ha! Well, think I just proved I need one of those... getting used to the language on different forums is tough sometimes.

A FSM is actually a factory service manual that is very in depth and covers just about everything, they can be very helpful. It is illegal to post them on this forum but you can often find them on ebay or there are other less legal ways to obtain them...

4-door and 2-door have different sized windows in the rear quarterpanel. I don't know if the glass changed year-by-year, check car-part.com for the junkyard idea of compatibility

FSM is Factory Service Manual, the manual that dealerships use. Do not post those here they are copyrighted. You can find them on eBay or you can buy them new.

I'm looking for the rear 1/4 glass for my 98 XJ. Can I take the glass out of any Cherokee, or is it model specific?

Assuming you are reffering to the fixed quarter window in the quarter panel, as others said it's different between 2dr and 4dr. You can use one from any year but there will be differences in color (tinted or not, privacy glass, etc...).

Also, this might be slightly off-topic (apologies, I'm new), but are there repair manuals available on this forum?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59881

Last edited:
Ok, got it, no FSM. NO worries, used to belong to another car forum that posted FSMs. Found glass at a local wreckers from a 97.

I don't have a 97+ around to check, but the rear quarter glass (and all side and front glass for that matter) is the same as the earlier years? I'm assuming the rear hatch glass changed with the change to the metal hatch.

I don't have a 97+ around to check, but the rear quarter glass (and all side and front glass for that matter) is the same as the earlier years? I'm assuming the rear hatch glass changed with the change to the metal hatch.

The front glass is totally different, rear the regulator mountings might be different, quarter glass should be the same, and rear hatch totally different (bonded to hatch).

Back