• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust exit locations

snowjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 xj and tail pipe rotted which was custom bent 2.5 and the pipe rotted from cat to muffler. So i replaced pipe between cat and flowmaster and moved it back a little and just put a down pipe on it. It resonates off the rear axle bad so should I just move the down pipe back 8 inches to clear axle? Will that reduce exhaust note or is there another location to exit exhaust?

I have a 2000 xj and tail pipe rotted which was custom bent 2.5 and the pipe rotted from cat to muffler. So i replaced pipe between cat and flowmaster and moved it back a little and just put a down pipe on it. It resonates off the rear axle bad so should I just move the down pipe back 8 inches to clear axle? Will that reduce exhaust note or is there another location to exit exhaust?

I would just run it out to the stock location. If its exiting under the Jeep its going to resonate really bad no matter what.

it also depends on whether your state has safety inspections. in pa it cant dump out under the vehicl and must dump out behind/past all doors.

ME is behind the passenger compartment, so you still have to go past the back seat. which puts you right on top of the axle. I just keep it comming out the back.

Back