• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oem Breather bolt C8.25

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
So I lost my breather bolt/nut thingy on my axle... and I can't find anything even remotely close. I can fabricate so I don't mind making something but I have zero good ideas to replace that little bugger. Anywhere I can get one? (Not the stealership)

I had to extend my brake lines when i installed my lift but the break lines are pretty rusty and i didn't want to break them.
Instead i made a sort of U-bracket out of some sheet metal to lift up the break lines and just used the breather bolt for the breather (well a U bracket on its side).

Brake line bolts here
|-+-
|
| __> Breather here
| |
|-+-

You could do the same thing but since you lost the breather bolt just use a pipe fitting from hardware store

So I lost my breather bolt/nut thingy on my axle... and I can't find anything even remotely close. I can fabricate so I don't mind making something but I have zero good ideas to replace that little bugger. Anywhere I can get one? (Not the stealership)

Junkyard.

The part number for the axle vent on 91-93 and 97-00 is J318 7999 if you ever need to order one. I didn't bother to check my 94-96 catalog or the 01 catalog since the other years the 8.25 went into were all the same.

mopardiscountparts has them for $2.35. My local dealership probably wants like 4-5 bucks based on comparisons to other prices they've quoted me. Not really a budget buster.

Back