• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got a Check Engine Light and the temp gauge doesnt work

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
How do i go about getting the codes for the CEL? I know on my Hondas the ECU would Blink ahd that would tell me the code and all i would have to do is look it up in the Haynes.

Also, the Temp gauge isnt working. What wires should i be looking for that go to the dash or under the hood?

Thanks!

Year? 91-95/96 cycle the key 3 times 97-01 use a scan tool. Follow the wires from the temp sensor in the t-stat housing on 97-01. 87-96 the gauge has a seperate sender at the driverside rear cylinder head on top.

Oh right, its a 96 Cherokee 2WD. When you cycle the key will it blip the CEL? and anywhere i can look up the codes?

I thought someone on here should have a link to a page with the codes but there are some things you may need a scan tool for because if it gives you an O2 sensor code which one (96 have 2, an upstream before the cat conv, and one downstream after the cat conv) is it?

Back