• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Easier method for replacing the CPS...

stephenspann27

NAXJA Forum User
I had to remove a broken piece of a trans/motor bolt.. and when doing this I dropped the front drive shaft, and also removed the bracket off the drivers side of the transmission that holds the shift linkage for the T-case. After doing this.. you can easily reach your hole hand/arm up there and get to the CPS easily.. must easier thank dropping the trans cross member and using extensions and a swivel..

I have a pic.. I"ll get uploaded later.

I was able to get mine on/off with a 1/4' swivel end extension with about another 2 feet of extensions behind that. Drive shaft and linkage still in place.

I was able to get mine on/off with a 1/4' swivel end extension with about another 2 feet of extensions behind that. Drive shaft and linkage still in place.

I didn't need a swivel or anything more than a foot long extension. I just went a little higher and went straight in. After I twisted the bolt a couple times it came out with just my fingers on the extension.

I also used a socket packed with grease to keep the bolt from falling, worked like a charm.

I'm sure its possible to get it out with out using the method I'm talking about. However, if you take the 5 mins to drop the drive shaft and remove the bracket, its so much less frustrating.. when you are trying to thread the bolts.. get your socket on.. etc.

IMG_1629.jpg

I just had to do this. Bought 2 feet of extension and it wasn't hard. Having a second set of hands up top makes it easier, but isn't necessary.

I recently did an AX15 swap and forgot to replace that stupid thing during the install. Luckily I had umpteen million extensions and wobble sockets so it wasn't difficult at all.

Haven't had to screw around with my CPS yet. Hopefully throwing a new tranny in tomorrow though, believe me I'll try anything that says it makes a CPS easier...

Back